So, what’s causing your constipation? There are so many reasons why this digestive issue occurs including:
- Dietary changes
- Changes in your activity level (suddenly becoming less active)
- Not consuming enough fiber
- Not getting enough water in your diet
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Diets high in dairy
- Certain medications like iron pills or antidepressants
- Underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism)
If you are dealing with bowel movement problems for more than two weeks then it’s time you came into our office for treatment. Our team of medical experts will talk to you about your symptoms, lifestyle, diet and habits, while also performing certain tests to detect the cause of your constipation. You may require a blood test, barium swallow or colonoscopy in order to reach a proper diagnosis. We will also discuss simple things you can do to avoid constipation in the future.
You should see us right away if:
- There is blood in your stool
- If you are losing weight suddenly or quickly
- If you have severe pain when passing stools
- If you’ve never been constipated before
If you are dealing with any digestive problems turn to the Kennewick, WA gastrointestinal experts. Call us at (509) 460-5500 to schedule an appointment.