The situation involving the COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve. Our number-one priority remains the safety of our patients and staff.
We have resumed scheduling in-person appointments, and are again able to perform elective endoscopy procedures. We have taken extra measures to decrease the potential for exposure and aid in halting the spread of this disease. Some of these measures include:
- Pre-screening all patients for potential exposure to, or symptoms of, COVID-19 over the phone before scheduling in-person appointments
- Removing some chairs in our waiting rooms and spacing them out to allow for appropriate social distancing
- Scheduling fewer appointments to decrease the number of individuals in the facility at a time
- Placing adequate supplies of alcohol-based hand-rub in convenient and accessible areas
- Requiring masks to be worn in the office
- Installing "sneeze shields" at check-in and check-out desks
- Asking patients to come to appointments unaccompanied, when possible, to decrease the number of individuals in the facility at a time
- Requiring drivers for procedure patients to wait in their vehicle and remain on the premises for the duration of the patient's procedure
- Taking the temperature of all staff, patients, and visitors
- Frequent cleaning and disinfecting of all high-touch surfaces
As an alternative to in-person appointments for GI medical needs, we continue to offer "Telehealth" (Video Conferencing) to appropriate patients. In order to utilize this option, we need the following information to schedule a Telehealth appointment:
- Valid email address
- Current phone number
- Recommended: "smart" phone (Telehealth requires audio and video which is easily achieved on a device like this)
For existing patients who are already web-enabled, please send us an eMessage through the patient portal for faster access to this service.
For quicker access to this service, download the HEALOW app for iOS or Androids now from the app store.
For a tutorial about HEALOW and the Telehealth process, you can click this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZT_mLkNxgw.
Please be vigilant about monitoring yourself and your loved ones for potential symptoms of COVID-19, and contact your primary care provider should you develop any of the following:
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Other signs of sickness such as nausea, vomiting and diarrhea
We thank you all for your patience and understanding as we navigate through this unknown and everchanging time together!